How Steroids Affect Your Body & Fitness
Steroids are chemicals or hormones that the human body makes. They help in reducing inflammation and block the working of the immune system. They are used orally as medicines to treat certain conditions and known as corticosteroids. Anabolic steroids are substances that are taken by people who want to build muscle strength. Fitness enthusiasts who want to achieve quick result use these steroids to increase muscle tissue and increase strength.
Anabolic steroids are used by those who want to build their body. These steroids are a synthetic form of the hormone testosterone. The hormone testosterone is a sex hormone that help in enhancing male sex traits. It is helpful in increasing muscle mass.
Apart from bodybuilding these steroids are also used by athletes to get an extra benefit in sports events since they increase strength and endurance. Most athletic organizations have banned the use of steroids by athletes.
Results of Steroids?
The benefits of taking anabolic androgenic steroids include:
- Steroids increase protein synthesis and as a result increases muscle tissue,
- It helps in reducing body fat.
- Increase in power and muscle strength is one of the key benefits of steroids.
- It allows for a quicker recovery from injuries and from the aftereffects of workouts.
- Steroids can improve endurance.
- They help in increased bone density.
Are steroids Safe?
Fitness enthusiasts who want to build their body swear by steroids. It must be noted that steroids can have side effects. These side effects can vary from one person to another. They include:
- It can increase the risk of heart diseases.
- Increased dosage is known to cause damage to the liver.
- Gynecomastia or growth of make breasts is one of the common side effects of steroids.
- It can even lead to infertility as it may reduce sperm production.
- It can lead to male pattern baldness.
- Steroids can even lead to reduce in testosterone levels.
- It increases the risk of infection.
- It can lead to increase in cholesterol levels.
Due to these side effects, care must be taken while using steroids. It must be noted that many steroids are illegal for use by sportspersons. It is also illegal in some places. There are spurious steroids available in the market that can be very risky to take.
If steroids have to be taken, then they must be taken under medical supervision. It is best that you consult a qualified doctor and take the doctor’s advice. The doctor would prescribe the right dose of steroids based on your weight and needs. This would be a safe dose unlikely to cause problems. The doctor would also monitor any side effects ensuring that any risks due to taking steroids are minimized.
The Decision to Use Steroids | Anabolics Science Explained with Jeff Nippard
Martín Lozano, the Founder of FitnessLife Kings Magazine, brings a wealth of experience in fitness journalism and a passion for promoting healthier lifestyles for men. With a commitment to providing objective and informative content, Lozano established FitnessLife Kings as a leading resource in the fitness industry. His dedication to empowering individuals on their wellness journey is evident in the magazine's focus on inspiring stories and expert insights. Lozano's vision for a supportive community resonates through FitnessLife Kings, shaping it into a go-to destination for men seeking a more active and balanced lifestyle.