3 Of The Most Effective Triceps Workouts
When you work out, it is important that you target all the muscles in your body. Whenever you use your arms, the triceps muscle comes into play. The triceps is located in the back of the upper arm. The importance of this muscle lies in the fact that it helps in extending the elbow joint. You need effective workouts that target the triceps effectively. The triceps has three parts – the long head, the lateral head, and the medial head. All these three heads need to get an effective workout.
The 3 best Triceps exercises
1. Diamond Push Ups
This is a tough workout but is without a doubt the best triceps workout. The reason is that the workout targets all the three heads of the triceps. It calls for great upper body strength. In case you find this too tough, don’t worry! Start on your knees instead of your toes and then work your way gradually until you can stand on your toes.
- The hands should be on the mat under the chest. The thumbs and forefingers should touch forming a diamond shape.
- Form a plank position on your toes. If you find it difficult, allow your knees to touch the mat.
- Bend your elbows ensuring your back is flat while engaging your abs. When you bend the elbows lower until your chin touches the mat or try to touch your chest to the mat.
- As you complete the movement, your elbows should be close to your sides.
- Press back to go to the start position. Repeat for 8 or 16 sets.
This is a highly effective exercise for your triceps. Here’s how you do it:
- Place the right foot on a platform and rest your right forearm on the thigh.
- Hold a weight in your left hand and pull your elbow to the level of your torso.
- With the elbow remaining in position, extend your arm behind you. In this process, the triceps gets contracted.
- Lower your forearm to 90-degrees.
- Repeat the entire exercise for 8 to 16 times.
- It is important that the upper arm should be in a stationary position against your body. You need to use your shoulder to keep your upper arm stable.
3. Overhead Triceps Extension
This exercise ensures the long head of your triceps muscles is extended. You need to this along with the diamond push up to get the best results. You can do this exercise standing or while seated. Here’s how you can do this exercise:
- Sit on a chair or a ball. Hold a weight using both of your hands. Extend it overhead.
- Let your biceps be close to your ears. Let the elbows point forward and lower the weight behind the head. Do this bringing the elbows to 90-degree angle.
- Straighten the arms so the triceps are contracted.
- This constitutes one set of the exercise. Repeat this for 8 to 16 times.
- Ensure your abs in engaged throughout the exercise.
- When you lower the weight, let your arms be next to your ears.
Martín Lozano, the Founder of FitnessLife Kings Magazine, brings a wealth of experience in fitness journalism and a passion for promoting healthier lifestyles for men. With a commitment to providing objective and informative content, Lozano established FitnessLife Kings as a leading resource in the fitness industry. His dedication to empowering individuals on their wellness journey is evident in the magazine's focus on inspiring stories and expert insights. Lozano's vision for a supportive community resonates through FitnessLife Kings, shaping it into a go-to destination for men seeking a more active and balanced lifestyle.